Update 1.7.0 was an update to Lunacraft that was released on October 8, 2011. This was the last version called "Mooncraft".
Here are a couple videos on YouTube showing what the gameplay looked like:
- Mooncraft 1.7.0 gameplay
- more Mooncraft 1.7.0 gameplay. In this video, at about 3:55 we see brown mob alchemy in action: a Brown Mob explodes, leaving hovering Leaf blocks behind although there was no Leaf in the vicinity before the explosion.
- The Crafting Guide was added as an in-app purchase option. To support it, item names were added to the internal items.txt file.
- Gold Ore was added to allow befriending of Astronauts.
- Chasms are no longer included in the terrain of new moons.
- New music
- Improved controls (swipe to look instead of "emulated joystick")
- Friendly Astronauts (and the associated "infinite shooting bug")
- Controls are positioned differently on iPad for easier use on its larger screen
With version 1.7.0, all game data is saved if you backup your device to iTunes. This is true for all iOS versions at least as new as iOS 5.1.1. This is essential if you want to be able to preserve your saved moons when restoring your iDevice from a backup or when moving your data to a new device. It is also important for mapping (see User_blog:Mrob27/Internal_Data_Format), because mapping programs read the backup files.
Full backups is a feature that was lost with Version_1.8.0, which tells the iOS not to backup saved game data.
Developer's Description and Release NotesEdit
Unlimited exploration...endless creativity...for free!
Created by fans of the indie hit Minecraft, mooncraft welcomes you to a future where you can explore and colonize a new alien moon every time you play.
- Meet strange new aliens, some dangerous, some helpful!
- Unlimited exploration in every direction!
- Establish a base of your own design with dozens of materials!
- Harvest alien light trees, take shelter under soaring arches!
- Decipher clues left by enemy astronauts to create exotic technology!
- Free, and you can play the entire game! You get it all!
- Customize your moon, choosing how rugged and exotic the terrain will be.
- Unlock the in-game Camera to take snapshots of your discoveries and creations!
Discover your own stories and build your own fantasies in mooncraft!
Hint: Mooncraft needs lots of memory to generate the endless landscape. If it's crashing too much, try restarting the device! -- And an update is coming soon with bugfixes and new items and enemies!
New in Version 1.7
- Massively improved controls! Hooray!
- Crashy bugs fixed! Tweaks and improvements!
- All-new unlockable crafting guide!
- New block types!
- Convince Spacemen to protect you!
- New music!
This version of mooncraft is optimized for the iPad, meaning that you can enjoy the full mooncraft experience on the big screen.
(Text partly from filecluster.com, retrieved 2011 Dec 23rd)