A Minilight is an item in Lunacraft which can be used as a light source.
Minilights are not seen through Glass (or any other transparent material since it counts as an Entity), and if a block is placed on top of it that block will glow, allowing many more ways to light up your base.
A Minilight is as bright as a Light block, but it has several advantages:
- It is more economical; you get 4 Minilights for each Light block, so you can illuminate 4 times the area for each Light block you collect.
- A Minilight does not restrict movement through the block space that it occupies.*
- Since it is an Entity, other blocks can be placed on Minilights, this will cause Materials to glow and light up a space. However the block on which the Minilight was placed does not glow.
- after the game is saved the Minilight is recovered when the block it is stuck to is mined
Only one Minilight can occupy a one-block space. Minilights are not 'visible' through transparent or translucent blocks, this means that if you stick a Minilight on one side of a Glass or Pink Crystal block, for example, and go look through the other side you will not see the Minilight.
- *A Minilight placed on a ceiling will stop a player if flown into. This is easy to work around and there is rarely even a situation like that that occurs so this is no a large problem, and the only reason it's mentioned is in the rare event that someone does run into this problem. Although Minilights will do this they are still arguably the better light source to use at this time. This may change if the developers ever decide that the game needs to have more options in the way of lights.